Your non-stop connection to late 90s German music.

Your non-stop connection to late 90s German music.

4.29.2009

Kai Tracid -- "Dance for Eternity"

I remember arriving in Germany on May 20th, 1998. It was seven days after my 21st birthday and I was now in a land where I could have been drinking for years!

Settling into my cramped barracks room with a new roomie, I looked around and realized we didn't have much between us. We organized the room into thirds: my corner, his corner, and a "living room." I use that term loosely, as it was much more a television corner with two wobbly chairs and a microwave. We didn't have many worldly possessions between us. He had a TV and Playstation, so did I. But his TV was a European TV, and for some reason our room had free German cable running to it. Adjusting to my new life in Wurzburg, I remember those first warm nights, the breeze blowing through the window, us sipping on cheap wine (Lambrusco), and watching German music videos. This is the one that I think of whenever I think about those first days.



No comments:

Post a Comment